How to change the domain name server in Myduniahosting portal? Of course, you are here because you search for this. If you have a web hosting account, you’ve probably come across mentions of this term “name server”.
Most name server provided by hosting providers look something like ns1.yourhosting.com and you’ll normally be given two different nameservers. Setting up nameservers usually only takes a few seconds once you have the right information.
What is a name server?
Every website in existence has an IP address, which is how computers look them up. But to make it easier on us humans, we can get to websites by using domain names instead.
Nameservers are part of DNS, which stands for “Domain Name System” The DNS is a database that works like a phone book for computers: it converts a domain name, such as “www.example.com” to a machine-readable IP address, such as “18.104.22.168” The DNS is maintained by several organizations, including IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) and ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers).
Whenever you type a domain into your browser, nameservers provide the IP address of the domain to your browser. If the DNS didn’t exist, you’d have to memorize strings of numbers for every website you wanted to visit.
In a nutshell, a nameserver is any server that has DNS software installed on it. But usually, “nameserver” refers to a server owned by a web host that is specifically used to manage the domain names associated with their web hosting customers.
When it comes to your own domain, your domain’s nameservers are used to point any traffic that types in your domain name to a specific web server at a specific web host.
Change domain nameserver in Myduniahosting?
To change nameserver in Myduniahosting portal, you can refer below steps:
- Open your web browser and go to https://ca.myduniahosting.com/clientarea.php
- Log in with your valid credentials and you’ll bring to your account dashboard.
- To manage nameserver for your domain, click on Domains menu and click on My Domains.
- You will be then redirected to My Domains page where you will be able to see all the domains that you have bought from Myduniahosting.
- Choose the respective domain which you want to edit nameserver, then click the drop-down list button and click Manage Nameservers.
- You will be then redirected to managing the nameservers page. On this page, choose Use custom nameservers (enter below) and fill the Nameserver 1 and Nameserver 2, then click Change Nameservers button.
- After finish, you need to wait until your domain fully propagates. Normally it will take until 24 hours.
Read this article: Cannot Connect to Database